Webhook Bot SetupSource:
Setting up the single-channel bot is simple.
- Go to https://api.slack.com/apps
- Click “Create New App” and then follow the setup instructions
- Click “Incoming Webhooks” under “Features”
- Turn the “Activate Incoming Webhooks” switch on
- Click “Add New Webhook to Workspace”
- Select the channel you’d like the bot to post to
- Copy the Webhook URL
slackr_setup(channel = '#channel_with_webhook', incoming_webhook_url = 'your_webhook'). You can also follow the config file setup directions below instead of passing the channel and webhook directly.
And that’s it! You should be able to post a message with